dinsdag 9 juni 2009

Shelter

Photograph by Autumn Sinnichsen

Would you care for me?
I won't take up much room,
and would be happy
to sleep at your feet,
or snuggle with you in your big chair.

Would you give me
a little bit of your time?
A pat on the head, or
scratch my ears.
Even a belly rub
would be just fine.

Do you hear
my cry and heartbeat?
Take heed of
who I am:
I'm loyal and loving
and offer you my life.

Would you care for me?
I'll be here
just a few more days...
unless you would care for me
and take me home
to be your ever loving pet.

Don't leave without me, please...

Words by Jackie Jinks.

This poem is actually about a pet like a cat or a dog. To make people aware that if you need a pet that you first search at the Animal Shelters. I cannot agree more. I like this poem very much and it also has the right words for a 'human pet' aka a submissive to her Master. I hope that Jackie Jinks don't mind. If so i will delete the poem at this blog.

Geen opmerkingen: